Hello all! 2015 has been busy busy already, but pretty great! I'm about a week away from finishing all of my tea bag garments (Preliminary photoshoot for the female outfit tomorrow! Whoo!), and I'll have 2 small pieces of some sea creatures I found at an aquarium in a day or two. The rest of the month will be devoted to finishing 2 pieces that I started a while back, but never really finished due to changing assignments in my studio class, etc,etc.
I also just signed up for a field trip to Chicago with my visual arts magnet! I'll be going for 3 days in late February. I figured that would be a good thing to save up for as I complete my program. We'll be visiting Art Inst. of Chicago (You bet there will be cheesy and overdone Ferris Bueller inspired photos from this) , the Frank Lloyd Wright House (a must see for me), Museum of Mexican Art, sculpture walks, and going to have some great deep dish pizza. I'm pretty excited as I haven't been to Chicago since I was 7 or 8. I will most likely churn out some sketches and future pieces from my photography. So, stay tuned!
And lastly, I've been entering a lot scholarships for various things as well as works into the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. And I'm sure a lot of you are also doing the same in your own regions. This year, I'm able to submit a lot of works because I am a senior. I'm entering 2 portfolios (each with 8 pieces of art), 2 textiles pieces, 3 digital arts pieces, and 2 illustrations this year. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone!
So, more busy times ahead! I am still going through comments and kind messages about my art (and taking a while to respond) So, you'll hear from me soon if you've sent anything. Thank you!
Updated: Monday, January 26, 2015
- School Art Assignments (always first priority):
AP 2D Studio:
- Turban Piece (Due Date: Feb 2nd)- 10%
- Devil's Tower and Surrounding Pines- 40% (Due date: ???)
- Untraditional Media Clothing Pieces- Vest & Skirt (Due ??)- Vest- 98% /Skirt- 98% /Tie-100% /Buttons- 95%
- Photography of untraditional media pieces: Skirt single- 98%/ Vest single- 0%/ Together- 0%
- Mini Stitchery (Not sure of the subject matter yet!)
- Graphic/ Commercial Design:
- New Works Theater Festival- Designing
- Bonnaroo Arts & Music Festival inspired piece- 75%
- Disney Parks Portfolio:
- Next: Disney Cruise Line and Terminal Inspired Pieces leading up to my trip!